David S. Wiener
- Designed proprietary suite of tools to ascertain suitable market entry strategies for clients
- Proven expertise and creativity in complicated finance transaction pricing, structuring and negotiation.
- De-novo process development and implementation expert.
- Founded and led capital market platforms for 3 of the top 10 U.S. vendor finance firms.
- Curated the most extensive collection of equipment finance industry research in the U.S.
- ELFA Research Committee Chairman (1990-2006); Equipment Leasing and Finance Foundation Trustee (1998-2010).
- 30+ years equipment leasing and finance experience.
David Wiener has been respected in the disciplines of sales, credit, and capital markets/syndications within the equipment finance industry for more than 30 years. As an expert in transaction and portfolio pricing and negotiation execution, he has managed or collaborated with capital markets staff collectively closing over $50 billion in portfolios and transactions. He has created full capital markets syndications capabilities for three of the top-10 vendor leasing organizations in the U.S.
As a consultant with The Alta Group, David is engaged in client relations efforts. He has served customers on a wide array of equipment finance engagements: acquisition due diligence, process improvement, bench-marking studies, market entry strategy, de-novo equipment finance platform creation and vendor program assessment.
Prior to his work at Alta, David gained broad industry management experience as a transaction leader at LEAF Financial, GE Capital Markets, Tokai Financial Services, and Maryland National/MNC Leasing. He is a past recipient of the GE Capital Pinnacle and Tokai Winners Circle awards. David has utilized Six Sigma quality tools and e-commerce initiatives for process improvement. He directed an effort to internationally outsource capital markets analytic activities, a cost saving endeavor that reduced deal evaluation cycle time recognized as a best practice within the world’s leading international outsourcing company.
He is regarded as a leading authority on equipment finance data and demographics analysis. From 1982 to 2006, Dave served on the ELFA Research Committee. He was a 2004 recipient of the ELFA Distinguished Service Award. In his industry volunteer service, Dave also has served as a trustee on the Equipment Leasing and Finance Foundation, and was personally instrumental in commissioning research resulting in the publication of more than 40 major industry reports.
+1 410-939-1300 (voice)
+1 410-939-1301 (fax)
+1 410-371-6028 (mob)